Friday, June 8, 2012

Two weekends to go...

I'm now counting down in weekends. So we've got this weekend which will be spent down the coast saying goodbyes to our family down there. Here's a shout out to our "coastal" family! Next weekend we'll be spending time with some family here - so here's a shout out to our "Canberra" family! I'm going to miss everyone so much! I'm going to miss our humble little home. I remember last time we went overseas I was dreaming about being at home, sitting in the sun on the lounge, eating vegemite toast with a hot milo to wash it down with, all whilst watching Seinfeld or something equally silly and mind numbing. But that's not to say I didn't enjoy our last trip, it's just that you realise just how easy it is when you've got a comfortable home where you can just...be. Where if you're hungry or thirsty, you just go and get something from the kitchen a few steps away. If you're tired, you just go to bed. There's a shower and toilet handy when the need arises. We take all of this for granted which is only natural really, but it's nice to be reminded sometimes just how fortunate we are.

Graeme's days of being our visa courier are over for the moment. He collected our final visa for Mongolia the other day - very exciting! So now there's only a few straggly emails to send, an airport transfer to organise in Vladivostok, bags to pack, house to clean, pantry and fridge to clear out and that's pretty much it really. Oh, and then a few planes to catch! But other than that, we're all organised really. I don't even have the feeling that I've forgotten something. Maybe I have forgotten something and I'm in blissful ignorance!

We're slowly eating our way through our fridge and freezer so I think we're going to have some interesting meal combinations over the next couple of weeks.

Yesterday we received the documents we need to begin customs in Vladivostok, and with that our shipping agent sent us a DVD to deliver to Vladimir in the Silver Wind office in Vladivostok. I'm going to email Vladimir over the next couple of weeks to introduce ourselves and to give him a heads up we'll be bringing the DVD for him.

2 comments:

Please leave a comment, we read every one.
Choose 'Name/URL' and just enter a name.