Friday, June 1, 2012

Worse things happen at sea

"Worse things happen at sea" is one old saying that we often come out with when something doesn't go very well. I said it a couple of days ago, after our car had started its oceanic journey, then I paused and said to Graeme, Ok, we can't say that again until the car is on dry land!

Ship docked at Port Botany
So this picture is a Google maps image of our ship docked at Port Botany from the Marine Traffic website. If you following green line with the arrows, where it ends is exactly where our ship was docked on Monday/Tuesday of this week. It's now off the radar, it's next destination is in Japan before heading to Busan in Korea. We won't be able to start tracking it's GPS location again until it gets closer to Japan.

Ship docked at Port Botany
Here's a satellite picture of Port Botany from nearmap.com. It's an awesome satellite image of the docks. "Our ship" would've been docked at the same spot as the one on the very left. "Our container" would've been sitting in one of those neat rows on the docks. All those diagonal lines on the very left of the docks are actually massive trucks waiting to have containers either loaded or unloaded. They're dwarfed by the even more massive ships!

Graeme dropped off our Mongolian visa applications today. Unfortunately, the Ambassador who would normally deal with this sort of thing was away today and so the person who accepted them left our valuable passports and visa applications sitting on their coffee table! Eeek. I hope they find their way to the Ambassador's desk instead. I tried sending them an email today to let them know the applications and passports had been hand delivered to their embassy, but the email bounced back because their inbox is full. Oh well, I'll call the embassy on Monday and make sure they're being processed. I'm honestly not concerned, I just like to cross my T's and dot my I's.

We have three weeks from today until we fly to Sydney for the start of our adventure, and I've got two and a half weeks left of work. I'll take a couple of days off prior to our flight to tie up any loose ends, or if everything's nicely organised by then, I'll just enjoy spending time at home and taking everything for granted because I'm going to miss that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we read every one.
Choose 'Name/URL' and just enter a name.