Sunday, April 24, 2011

Ideal truck

Here is the perfect example of an ideal truck. ~100,000KM, 4.2NA diesel, roof rack, dual batteries, side rails, oh and importantly - grey interior, but I estimate it will go for 35K, about 10K over our budget.






I've been giving some thought to the turbo diesel option available. You can get a factory electronic fuel injected turbo diesel, but considering we are buying a vehicle for premium reliability, the EFI diesel means electronic thottle linkage, computers etc. I feel computers certainly have a place in modern vehicles, they provide excellent economy and heaps if power. I'm no mechanic, and I want something that has less things to go wrong. Mongolian people on horseback need to be able to fix my car, not lab coats and laptops. A power surge, botched river crossing, broken wire or dirty sensors reek havoc with electronic systems - reliability is the premium concern over speed and power.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we read every one.
Choose 'Name/URL' and just enter a name.