Sunday, April 11, 2010

Do I have the maturity?

This weeks concern is that I may not have the maturity to go through with this. I'm not sure if you call it homesick, but I just get tired of not having some things in my day being easy. I need to drive to Dubbo tomorrow (another 1000km round trip). I would have driven today, but my camera is still in for repair, so taking a day, taking it slow isn't so appealling without it. Plus I have to stay somewhere.
It's this thinking that makes me doubt I have the maturity for a 3 month trip. I'd be inclined to take my swag but I have nowhere to shower (and it is important because I'm seeing clients).
I watched an amazing documentary on Stress made by NatGeo. It highlighted that two comparable studies with monkeys in Africa and the UK public service both experienced different health issues based on their position in the pecking order. Well, the top dogs didn't have any health issues, but the bottom ones were continually plauged by it. Needless to say, it's imperative for my health that I get to, and stay at the top.

I guess that the next two years will 'provide' the maturity for such an adventure, but really, I need to do something about it. I'd imagine I could build this maturity by taking on adventures on my own, such as a few weeks away from Cassie, home, family to really find myself. Then I imagine I would return wise, quiet and well developed. I'm continually pulled to do such a thing, to make sure twomagadan isn't the test, it's just an activity that I will do with skills that I already have - not learn along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we read every one.
Choose 'Name/URL' and just enter a name.