Sunday, April 25, 2010

This weekend

Hello. We've just come back from our weekend in Sydney where we climbed the Sydney Harbour Bridge. I've climbed it twice before, but I must say, I struggled much more this time.
Perhaps I didn't have the same self-preservation as before, perhaps I was fearfull of Cassie been upset, either way I wasn't overly impressed with myself.
I did however appreciate the exercise, it made my back feel much better today.
It's Anzac long weekend, and I'm kinda bored - I wish I had my SPOT messenger to play with, but that should be arriving on Tuesday. I was keen to get a weatherproof little HD handheld camcorder for $100 off all classifieds, which would be excellent for video diary, and 4wding, but these things happen for a reason. I think financially we're getting further behind our target. Although a fair bit of Twomagadan savings is tied up in shares, it still feels like we're a long way off. Little purchases like this will proove costly in the long run.

The tour gide told us a story of Lennie Gwyther, a nine-year-old farmer's son, rode his pony, Ginger Mick, 600 miles from Leongatha in the Gippsland region of Victoria to Sydney to witness for himself the celebratory opening of the Harbour Bridge on Saturday 19th March 1932.

In case you missed that - the kid was 9! I'm 25 and I would still struggle with such an expidition. What an amazing feat. It makes me realise how soft we are these days - and perhaps how with media influence, we think the world is a bad place - obviously, and sadly it wasn't always like this. I long to find the comfort and freedom to leave doors unlocked but I don't think i'll see this in my travells or in my lifetme.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we read every one.
Choose 'Name/URL' and just enter a name.