Monday, April 9, 2012

4-day weekend

Apologies for the absence of posts. There has been heaps going on, but at the time I’ve not blogged. Don’t worry, I’m sure on the two week trip to Cameron Corner I’ll have a post every day.

IMG_2119

Today I fitted the eBay chopping board to the car. It’s huge, 20mm thick and pretty much the whole width of the rear door. It still has the plastic wrap on it here so it looks shiny, but rest assured it is actually your typical plastic chopping board, just upsized. I’ve been debating different methods of securing it in the ‘up’ position, and think I’ve settled on one… but you’ll just have to wait and see.

vlcsnap-2012-04-09-17h01m38s110

The turn-by-turn navigation software I’ve installed is called iGo Primo. It’s got Australian maps, and a the majority of Europe… including a fair bit of Russia. This is amazing, because we didn’t think we would have anything in this regard. To see that it had comprehensive maps of Vladivostok made me feel so warm knowing that this thing could find our way out of our first hurdle. Amidst the driving in a new country, on the other side of the road, with no direction and no ability to read, something like this will be a godsend. Part of me is a bit sad that introduction of technology like this may reduce the opportunities to meet people and make navigational mistakes, which invariably lead to experiences.

Today we packed the car for the trip to Cameron Corner which is exciting. Part of me is a bit hesitant about my community visit. I specified a two day visit, but somehow this got smoothed into three nights. The fact it’s an unknown quantity is probably the major concern. What if the community doesn’t accept me? what if my car gets broken into/stolen? will they be willing to learn? will their computers work? what if I want to leave… imagine the repercussions!

I think I need to resign to the fact I may not get to Cameron Corner if my time is taken up elsewhere. I can’t help but speculate thinking that it will be boring as hell. I doubt they are going to want to do full days. What if they only do an hour or two a day?! I’m going to be bored out of my mind.

Work recently has been crazy busy. Well not crazy, but excitingly busy. We’ve devised some more efficient ways of hosting services at about half of what we were paying before – so that can only be good. That and some clients new and old want to use more and more of our services which again is good.

With the extra work I’ve been doing lately, I have decided that this will be my reward:
imageimage
It looks similar to the previous one I spoke of last year, but this is the new model.
-1080p 60fps
-24 Megapixel Stills
-Optional projector
-Geo-tagging
-And the primary reason for it, you’ll just have to watch this video to see why nothing else compares.

 

It’s nice because I had pretty much given up on getting a camera, talking myself out of it with all kinds of nonsense. I’m not particularly interested in having the projector, but at the moment in Australia only the one with projector is available. It would have that instant sharing ability (like a polaroid camera) which could be an amazing experience to share with people.

Cassie has had two rounds of injections, my second round should be coming up this week. She’s also been working furiously on shipping, insurance and finances. More to come soon…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we read every one.
Choose 'Name/URL' and just enter a name.