Monday, March 26, 2012

“cool”

Below is the transcript of a conversation with the Consular General when picking up the Ukrainian visa’s.

Him: "So, Magadan yes”
Me: “Yes, Vladivostok, Magadan, Mongolia, Khazakstan, Ukraine”
Him: “Why Magadan?”
Me: “We saw it on a documentary and thought it looked cool"
Him: “…. cool” said in the most sceptical tone I’m sure he could muster.
Either he has been there and knows it’s a hole, or he’s never been and has no idea.

IMG_1928IMG_2001
You might remember the strap used to tie up the tie-rod end… the mechanic bagged it up for us.
I spent time on the weekend replacing the rear brakes which would not have had 1mm in pad depth left.
I wasted time trying to adjust the play out of the steering. I’m torn between two thoughts. One, it’s not that bad, get over it. Or two, it’s annoying and I have the right not to be happy with it.

On another dot point all together, I’ve been invited to use computers with some indigenous people from Brewarrina, which is in far west NSW. You might remember earlier in this blog, we wanted to visit Cameron Corner, which is in the corner of QLD, NSW & SA.


View Larger Map

These guys will pay me a return trip to Brewarrina, put me up for two nights and provide meal allowance. I’d say they’ll pay for the trip, so taking a two or three day detour may be fun.
Cassie won’t have the time to come, but it may provide an opportunity to give the car a good run and work out any bugs. Apparently it’s dirt from Bourke onwards. Not that dirt is a problem, but it represents isolation which is confronting for a city boy. If I know myself, I’m going to be unable to sit still on this little micro-trip. Especially seen as no one will be with me, I suspect I’ll get my own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we read every one.
Choose 'Name/URL' and just enter a name.