Thursday, March 15, 2012

Greasing the wheels of progress

Actually, that's quite literal now that I look at it

I am so impressed with this mechanic I use, they have always been so honest, I felt they needed rewarding. I had assumed I would be picking the car up today. To the suspicious, it may look like I was trying to ‘smooth’ the results of my pink slip, but this was not the intention. Looking back however, it may serve to smooth the process of billing me ;-)

The valve clearances are done, the guy said they ‘were quite a way out’. In pretending like I understood, I just nodded and was all like ‘yeah ah cool, cheers’. So I assume that once these are done there will be more power or improved economy or something. Hopefully both! From what I understand, it’s important that this procedure be done when the motor is stone cold, like overnight stone cold. As I drove past on Wednesday night, I noticed were it was parked, and Thursday afternoon when they did the operation, it was in the exact same position.

I didn’t check if they did both front tie end rods (I really hope and assume they did as there was two on the passenger seat)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we read every one.
Choose 'Name/URL' and just enter a name.