Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Goodies in the post

I seem to have filled the absence of the car with researching an acquiring the fruit that will go in it. I'm being careful to only buy things that the car will absolutely not have.

The first bit of kit to arrive is this. It's a fused distribution block. Wow you might say......... Well, it's actually pretty cool. It's purpose will be to:
A) Distribute power to the appliances at the back of the car without running heaps of wires back to the auxiliary battery
B) Provide individually fused power sources to resulting in less likelihood of fire or damage.
C) Conveniently centrally locate all these goodies to make it look professional and make it easy to diagnose problems.
D) I'm a man, I don't need to justify my reasoning!


The top section is a convenient place to connect all the earth wires without having to have bolts piled up with earth connectors.
The second section (starting at the red wire) is all the individually fused sections. I've put a 15 and 35 amp fuse in just for illustration, the rest are blank at the moment)

Inverter idea:
OK, so you'll be fortunate to shortcut the thought process through the use of pictures!

 So, I opened the case to see how I could extend/hijack the power leads from the back of the outlet, to run into my double power point. It's not that I'm running excessive loads on this little thing, it's just allows us to charge two low current devices at once and also allows me to locate the inverter away from the bench face.
The der moment occurred when I figured I could just use an old power lead from something that has broken, then wire it to the power point. Check the next blog for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we read every one.
Choose 'Name/URL' and just enter a name.