Sunday, May 20, 2012

Hotel Azimut

We followed a blog of a gentleman Oisin about a year ago, and I just looked back through it to see if there were any useful photos to put on here… well here’s one:

It’s the Hotel Azimut – our first hotel in Russia. How about that!. It also was the hotel of ‘threeinatruck’.
I have this odd desire to recreate photos that I’ve seen online, in print, or in movies. It could just be the tourist in me, but I get immense satisfaction with the idea of holding up a picture to reality, at a different time.

I’ve just done some quick research online because Cassie said off cuff “haven't you seen their website…?”… well no I hadn’t. I’ve heard that a visitor didn’t have hot water, so I was expecting a dirty slum… but it looks swish as! I was expecting a fat intolerant babushka but if the photos are to be believed, perhaps not. http://www.azimuthotels.ru/en/hotels/vladivostok/about_hotel/ Click through the photos at the bottom of the main photo. Free Wi-Fi was the only real requirement, but 24hour cafe makes up for the ~$1600 cost for ten days. This was seriously a shocker, I was expecting a slum.

I’ve also done some research (thank goodness for this awesome internet thing) on Seoul’s airport. Thinking we would be lost, hungry and with no English, we found this. A sparkling airport, with bi-lingual announcements – Don’t feel like you have to watch all of it:

I doubt we’ll be having McDonalds, but it’s certainly a nice backup plan ;-)


It may sound a bit soft, but I think I was most worried about language barriers… something I suspect will dissolve quickly into our adventure. Not finding our luggage or boarding gate due to our inability to read is NOT COOL. All of the above has melted away any stress I may have had. Oh, and the Taxi’s take eftpos – what more could you ask?

IMG_2384

This might not seem a huge deal to others, but I’ve had that sticker for about 6 months. It’s huge, and if we do a similar overseas trip again, I think I’ll get a smaller one. This one was sent by the Australian Automobile Association.

Signing off - super excited Graeme. Tomorrow Sydney!

1 comment:

  1. EPIC!!!!!!! Im excited, you must be absolutely peeing your pants. The AUS sticker could be bigger. when your driving think how close you have to get before you can read a number plate clearly. The AUS should be visible first. Were the most loved people world wide:)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, we read every one.
Choose 'Name/URL' and just enter a name.