Tuesday, April 17, 2012

X-trails and 3 tv channels

Aljazeera news is the best of three available channels. Last night there seemed to be more. I'm really enjoying watching tv and doing menial tasks. I've made lunch in my room (sneaky) and done the whole Chinese laundry in the sink. I stunk up some clothes line in the back of the car which is doing wonders for drying my clothes. It's so relaxing. My idea of a holiday seems to be housework. Women have it good! *throws grenade and waits for the explosion* I knowwww I should be outside doing stuff, but laying on the bed, watching mind numbing tv, eating noodles in the middle of the day is too hard to pass up.

I have seen perhaps three brand news Nissan X-Trail's with bull bars. I bet they are the result of weeks of studies, consultation, planning and testing? Who is supplying these cars?!

Maybe I don't watch much tv, but I've never seen so many ads for funeral insurance plans. Naturally I feel like I'm going to die and need a funeral plan now. What rot!. If they are advertising something, it means it's rubbish. Like a $400 laptop, mini bullet blenders, funeral cover or 6 pairs of jeans for your whole family" you've never seen an ad for an iPhone, but you always see ads for androids.

Today was fun. Scheduled for 9am start, no one turned up. Thats ok, we were briefed about this. They call it 'blackfella time'. The organisation representative was looking somewhat shaky as this was what she feared. She was making calls as was another lady. They rounded up three/four random people who were not in the initial 8 that this project was for. By 10am we had started. We wrote a few words in a text document, signed up to an email service and sent emails between one another. I am at a loss to what I'll teach tomorrow. Lunch arrived at 1130 which ended up winding up the day by 12. 

I forgot to mention, at Dubbo, an elderly gentleman had a pyramid of metal Jerry cans. Naturally I was curious as he filled and loaded each can into his old combie van He said, "my fuel discount docket has a max of 150L". I postulated that he must live remote and buys fuel more often than he shops at the supermarket. When I posed this angle, he said "nah I'm in there every other day". Unable to comprehend what this retiree was building in his backyard, I continued to fill my tank. Minutes later, after what must have been a puzzled look on my face, he said he had a 20c a liter discount voucher. Why he didn't just come forward and say that in the beginning I don't know! Maybe he thought I would rob him for his 20c/L docket... Which I should have at $1.56/L.

These recent blog posts are very scarce of any media which is because there is no wifi and I'm just posting these off my Telstra iPad. I would have said 29 times in my career that Telstra is the only network that works outside of cities... Why don't I take my own advice. Now that I think about it, I have a perfectly good Telstra USB modem somewhere... But not here. 

I did score a paparazzi-like video of the creepy reception man. Plus some epic footage taken from the roadside with the tripod as I smashed though all of six inches of water over the road. 
Oh and got my new camera soaked in the process... doh! It's fine because I had the uv filter on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we read every one.
Choose 'Name/URL' and just enter a name.