Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Impulse buy?

Well, not really. I’ve been researching these things for about a year now.

IMG_2126

I couldn’t even wait till the cashier was finished with me before I took a photo of it.
I got an additional battery (double the capacity of the included one) which should give a heap of recording time. Even the included battery gives you 85 minutes which in the scheme of quick recordings should last days. It does have a built in automatic lens cover thingie, but after seeing a co-worker's fail catastrophically on an overseas trip, I thought the $30 investment in a clear UV filter would save a heap of problems down the track.

Brett, another co-worker justified the investment using this logic. “If you’re going to buy this exact one two months from now, and worst case, it’s $100 cheaper by then, you will easily get $100 of use out of it in the two months before your trip”

His logic is undisputable. I’m about to go on a two week trip into some potentially stunning scenery on my own… I’m sure the story-telling value will be easily worth $100 – thanks Brett.

The GPS is also fantastic. Just like an iPhone, you can see on a map where your videos and photos were takenIMG_2134

Here is a video of it in action. I finished work in the dark today, so my opportunities to upload cool footage are far and view between. I’m very impressed with the projector. It does need to be a dimmed room for optimal effect, but it is stunning!

Not only is the nightshot fantastic, it has a built in LED light which provides heaps of light for filming in complete darkness. As you can probably guess, I’m wrapped in it so far. The autofocus is a bit slow, but in the scheme of things, it’ll be fine. Hopefully I’ll get some better footage tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we read every one.
Choose 'Name/URL' and just enter a name.