Sunday, October 23, 2011

More videos than videoezy

It’s been a while since I’ve made a post, but to be honest it feels like a bit of a waste of time. Most things I contribute are just building the car and if I was reading this blog, I’d certainly be sick of hearing about it. As you can see, this post is all videos.

I renewed the bulbar, and installed synthetic rope which is brilliant to use. It’s so lightweight and easy to handle – and should be a lot safer if it was to fail.

This weekend I’ve sold a heap of stuff on eBay and allclassifieds. $400 sold so far and probably another $300 that I’m confident will sell. Another $500 could be made by selling the drawers but I think this is going to be near impossible to sell. To be honest, I wouldn’t be happy, but I would be relieved to see them for go for free. Most this stuff was just occupying space at home and at work, so it’s a pleasure to see it go to someone who will use it. If it doesn’t sell in a month or so, I’ll just sell the drawer runners and cut up the steel.

There has been little development on the visa front. The Mongolian one needs to be ordered within 90 days of arrival. We have our international driving permits… and that’s about it.

2 comments:

  1. IMO...

    The vehicle is the 3rd partner in the partnership of 3. If any of the 3 fail on the trip it will be costly. The minute details are why I read. The vehicle is your transport, shelter, protection, storage, lifeline. Its as important as the people going. If you can video it I want to hear about it. It will add context when your on the road. On the trails. Getting out of strife eg. "Whoa lucky you installed that you beaut light rope before you left"
    Just my 2 cents:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brett - that's good to know.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, we read every one.
Choose 'Name/URL' and just enter a name.