Thursday, August 4, 2011

Let there be light

I thought I would try out our new cabin light. It’s the one pictured in an earlier post that uses a quarter of the power of a single incandescent globe, yet you be the judge of it’s performance. I tried it in the house the other day and was a bit worried in such a small space it might be too bright… but it’s PERFECT!

IMG_0607IMG_0610

I’ve exposed these pictures the same, but as you can see, the incandescent brightness is not bright enough to work in. Bright enough to find your way out of the car, but that’s about it.

 

IMG_0612-1

Some more perspective from a bit higher.

IMG_0616

As you can see, it’s only temporary, I might make it permanent tomorrow. I can’t decide wether to have the light this way (with the power switch facing the front of the car) or have it the other way. See how it has an ‘un-lit’ section at one end, I wonder if that is more preferable to be above the sleeping side, or on the bench side. I think it might stay like this, more biased to the bench side.

I also bought some festoon sized LED replacement globes for the driver cabin, but they are rubbish, putting out maybe a third of the light of the incandescent. I have pictures, but I think you’ve seen enough useless pictures of lights today.

IMG_0625

About how bright it looks outside. Not all of the light on the ground is from the internal light, there is a street light above it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we read every one.
Choose 'Name/URL' and just enter a name.