Friday, July 8, 2011

Some good news

So today I picked up our new truck. Obviously not new, but new to us.
After loosing the auction yesterday, I returned a client's PC to them at 5PM. I noticed across the road as I drove out of the client's driveway, the 'old troopie' that Les used to own. I thought, gee I haven't seen it in a while. Thought nothing more of it. Thinking I might go to Sydney to check out another troopie on my day off, I checked the usual car sites to see if there was some more in Sydney before I set off. Listed only last night was the troopie I saw hours before. The price of $20,500 was already pretty good, but the KM's were higher than I wanted - thought I would take a look anyway seen as it's only 5 minutes walk away from our home. I've known the history of this car since it had 50,000KM on it. Below is a picture when we took it to the snow!

The bullbar has since taken a bit of a smack and is bent, but also has rust etching the paint, making it look brown. Functionally it's fine, I might try repair it, but then again I might just get a black one as it would look much better. The old bullbar is bringing the look of the truck down somewhat. Try imagine it's not there ;-)

It has 5 brand new tyres, just had a major service (timing belt, all oils), and a PTO winch.

Here are some pictures of our truck. These are taken just after the car wash so they look nice and shiny.





It has a tow bar, but no tongue thing. The owner said it should be in the car but doesn't seem to be.
I noticed he forgot to take out his brand new Blueant bluetooth handsfree kit, so I returned it to him after I had a bit of a play with the truck. Although he wasn't in the office, I hope my honesty will be rewarded with the tow bar tongue thing.

I want the factory seats back, these after market ones are shagged. The factory bench seat is a bit more versatile (and comfortable)
The tinted windows look cool, but I suspect we'll be taking the tint off the back windows and keeping in on the front ones.
You can see my redneck repair attempt, tried to pull the dent with cable tie and duct tape. It didn't work, but I think a plunger would do the job very quickly.

I had a good play with the PTO winch this afternoon winding it out and back on nice and neat. It's great fun... I can't wait to use it on someone else ;-)

Cassie should be home any minute. It's parked out the front so the sad thing is, she'll get a good look before I get to see her reaction.

I managed to knock three grand off the price, all thanks to my 'past sales' spreadsheet. I was able to demonstrate it's market value with great precision. I'm glad I did though, as went to insure it with AAMI, the value I bought it for was the same as their valuation! I however insured it with YOUI, it was a much better deal, and they cover it for all four wheel driving as long as it's in accordance with the manufacturers operation handbook. I imagine the only thing the handbook will say is a maximum wading depth - which is fine by me.
OK, more details later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we read every one.
Choose 'Name/URL' and just enter a name.