Tuesday, March 8, 2011

More camper van thinking

I never stop thinking, but who am I kidding, no one does.
Tom brought up an interesting perspective, how do we go about shipping the vehicle, it's 2.8M high.
Very valid point Tom - I've had to ask the shipping agent. I have no doubt it can be done as they often ship buses, Winnebago's etc. It does rule out shipping it in a container (2.27M), but this has a hidden advantage of nearly halving the shipping costs. The only downside is we cannot ship any personal effects in the car. That's not the end of the world, I think they are just concerned about theft. We would ship it with nothing in it. Perhaps we would chance shipping heavy stuff like recover gear that would be uneconomical to post. If it gets stolen, who cares.

I must say, I have fell in love with the 79 series camper idea. I'm not sure if it's more the appeal of the truck underneath, or the camper on top.... or perhaps the epic combination, but I just can't stop thinking about it.

I've since found out that these campers are sold on by Britz at around 250,000KM. I wonder if they would be worth looking into, or is that just too long in the tooth?

Enjoy the patronising video from Britz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we read every one.
Choose 'Name/URL' and just enter a name.