Saturday, August 28, 2010

Wheel Bearings

Ah wheel bearings - they are my arch nemesis. I bet I hold the world record for replacing them. I was too embarrassed to take the car back to the mechanic who replaced them last time - it's probably only been 20,000KM. Today I setup workshop on a dusty paddock to see if I had the tools to change a wheel bearing in the middle of nowhere. Seems like I did, I was just confused about been unable to find this lock nut, and needing a huge breaker bar and special socket to remove it. Only after sitting at home studying the books, turns out I did remove the lock nut - with my fingers. It was only just sitting in there, with the lock washer on top of it. I mean it can't really come out, but it's worth noting. Excuse the poor quality video - I only had my phone on me.
I changed front diff oil and intend to replace the front brakes, and bleed all the brakes tomorrow.
It's weird - I feel like I'm budgeting kilometers left on the car so that I can do one final service before departure. OK - more updates later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, we read every one.
Choose 'Name/URL' and just enter a name.